Thursday, October 20, 2005

movies, books, and TV

One of my favorite movies is The Village. It's a wonderful mixture of sweetness, determination, and intensity. I was reminded of a quote from that movie today. One character says something along the lines of, "Sometimes we do the opposite of what we want to do so that others will not know that we want to do them." I know this is true. Sometimes I wonder how much it plays into my own life...
On another note, I checked out several books from the library today. Am I the only person who checks out things, knowing that I won't read them? Probably not. And I probably will read at least some of each of the books. The one that I'm most excited about is called Sociology Through Science Fiction. It is a collection of essays on sociological topics interspersed with short scifi stories or excerpts from scifi books. It looks just so cool that I may have to buy it - that is, if it's still in print. The copy I found is from 1970.
Well, now I'm off to watch mindless television - Smallville, CSI, and then Joey and Will & Grace, taped while I watched Smallville. Oh, Thursday night television, you are my god (don't worry, that's just an expression - I am still completely committed to the Flying Spaghetti Monster).

1 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger Tony said...

Mike Rundle and Richard MacManus put a smile on my face ...
I was chatting with David Daniels today about AJAX and Web 2.0 and how I'm hoping to take a closer look at the emerging landscape just moments before I browsed Mike Rundle's assessment of current Web 2.0 ...
You have some good material ...would you like to visit my blog as well?
Please Disregard the title it's on my product web site.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home