Monday, October 24, 2005

secrets

I pretty much created this blog so that I can talk about things that I keep from other people. I've never been good at keeping a journal. I think the difference between that and this is the possibility that someone could read this. They could come along and comment but they wouldn't be someone that knows me. It could be a person that randomly comes here, or I could go comment on some of the blogs that I read using this website and that person could come over here and comment. I like that I feel entirely free to say whatever I want. I can talk about getting a D in a class last semester (I'm normally very sensitive about my grades and keep them from pretty much everyone), my entirely embarrassing addiction to Smallville fanfic, or the fact that I'm not completely happy with my relationship with my boyfriend. I could even talk about my sex life (or current lack thereof) on here without worrying about offending anyone or making sure that there are no faculty members around anywhere that could overhear things. I think I worry too much about keeping parts of me secret, but at the same I have to keep some things quiet. Like drinking alcohol - I could get suspended for that (I don't do it much, but I still have to sneak around and like about it). Sigh. I love my friends, but I just can't tell them everything. I suppose hardly anyone tells people everything. I just wish I didn't have to keep my opinions on political issues quiet even in political science classes because I know I would get ripped to shreds over my thoughts on abortion or homosexuality.
It always makes me smile when I find out that someone else (whether I know them or not) on campus thinks like I do. I went to an on campus party (so obviously no alcohol) on Saturday night (lots of fun - it was a costume party and I went as catwoman) and was commenting to a friend about a guy I think is hot and she told me that he was kind of drunk so I should go make a move. I reminded her that I have a bf. A few minutes later I realized that she was rather drunk herself. Anyway, it's nice to know that there are hot (and single) guys on campus who think like I do. I'm not much of a drinker - I learned my lesson a couple of years ago when I drank so much I spent most of the rest of the weekend throwing up (actually even before then I didn't drink often). It's just the fact of knowing that someone isn't completely Christian in the way that everyone on campus is. I get tired of the same kind of people. It's nice to know that there are others on campus (especially hot and single ones).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home