Monday, December 12, 2005

free speech again

Earlier in the semester I wrote a paper for a class on how advertising fits into free speech. Advertising is different from regular speech in some ways. It is not as highly protected as other types of speech, but it does enjoy many protections under the Constitution and how we have interpreted it. I should dig out that paper and try to apply it to this. Would an administration pulling a gay themed ad from a school newspaper violate free speech? I think it would, but I would have to do a little research on how. Even if I did the research and came up with the opposite answer I still wouldn't like it. This is a case of administration officials changing the school newspaper, which is generally supposed to be aimed at the students, in order to make the administration a little more comfortable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home